Volleyball levels of play
GO Mammoth levels of play explained
- The perfect choice for those who are brand new to the sport. For those who’ve always wanted to try volleyball but have been worried about their playing level
- Emphasis is on learning and training – sessions comprise of roughly 60% coaching and 40% supervised games
- Training games will include tips and pointers from the coaches so that everyone can learn together in a fun and relaxed environment.
- If you’re looking for purely game play and matches then these are not the sessions for you. Please see either Intermediate or competitive levels.
- For the slightly more serious player! You have played volleyball before and can handle yourself in a game situation. Matches are still social and fun, however they have a more competitive edge!
- Intermediate matches are played in 3 sets and are officiated by an umpire rather than supervised by a coach
- Join an Intermediate league if you want to improve your skills during a weekly fun (and slightly competitive) game.
- GO Mammoth competitive volleyball is for the serious match player! For those who have played a good level in the past, and want to continue playing to a high standard
- Perfect if you are comfortable setting, spiking and blocking and have good ball control/can keep a rally going
- The environment is still social, and it’s a great way to meet other experienced players and play a competitive, fun game.
- Not for beginner players!
If you are at all unsure about what level of player you are, or have any other questions, please call our Volleyball Manager on 0207 381 6034 or email email@example.com